The objectives of RPEA are to educate retired and retiring public employees about their retirement benefits and to support the aims and objectives of the Alaska Public Employees Association/American Federation of Teachers by:
- supporting programs that will advance the best interest of retired public employees;
- staying informed of current issues which impact the welfare of retired public employees such as reduction of medical benefits, pensions, social security, and taxes;
- keeping members informed of these issues;
- obtaining input from members about their concerns;
- and maintaining regular communication between RPEA and appropriate agencies and boards.