The objectives of RPEA are to educate retired and retiring public employees about their retirement benefits and to support the aims and objectives of the Alaska Public Employees Association/American Federation of Teachers by:
- supporting programs that will advance the best interest of retired public employees;
- staying informed of current issues which impact the welfare of retired public employees such as reduction of medical benefits, pensions, social security, and taxes;
- keeping members informed of these issues;
- obtaining input from members about their concerns;
- and maintaining regular communication between RPEA and appropriate agencies and boards.
Executive Board Meetings
Executive Board meetings are generally held via conference call on the third Tuesday of each month at 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. Interested members are always invited to the meetings. Usually, meetings are held at the local RPEA/APEA offices in Juneau, Anchorage, and Fairbanks. Members living inside of Alaska may call into the meeting by dialing 1-888-745-1720 if they aren't able to travel to the office. There is a guest comment period early in each meeting for input.